A workshop for mothers to discuss, learn about, and elevate their post-partum body image
Presented by Sara Rashid, LCPC
The physical changes of pregnancy and the post-partum period can be mystifying, exciting, surprising and disturbing – often simultaneously. Post-partum women face a multitude of changes in their lives, but one constant remains: we are embodied. This workshop will shift some focus off of your baby and place it on yourself, namely your physical self.
In it, you will:
- Acknowledge and reflect on your current body image: Is it positive? Negative? In flux?
- Recognize the influences and roots of your body image
- Discuss and dispel common body image myths, e.g. "Once I'm thin I'll be happy", "I should fit back into my pre-pregnancy clothes by a set time (or ever!)"
- Celebrate your body's accomplishments and virtues
- Establish a healthy, positive, appreciative sense of connection to your body
Join us for an afternoon of education, enlightenment and enjoyment. We hope to see you there!